Some people, not all....

When asking a question most of us want help. A helpful answer is all I'm looking for, so why when you ask a question some people judge you right away by just a little bit that you might of wrote. How can you judge someone on very little information, like you ask a question, my child yells at me.. well YOU RAISED HIM LIKE THAT. That's a judgement. You don't know the situation, and it happens all the time to a lot of people and when they do it it is always anno. How can you judge someone when you really don't know them or the situation, that is why a lot of people ask questions anno because they don't want to be judged?

P.s That is just one example......

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think when we ask questions often we leave out very important information that just leads to assumptions.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I judge right away and harshly when I see a post that says "WHITE DAUGHTER ONLY DATES BLACK BOYS" and is asking for tips on how to stop this from happening....otherwise I try to be helpful
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Some people do tend to judge and not care, but you really shouldn't judge anyone especially if they do not know you. People tend to judge by assumptions when they really need to look at themselves.
    MyPassionDiva

Answer by MyPassionDiva at 2:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• you are ASKING for opinions.  people can only give them based on the information you gave.  they have to make some assumptions because to give ALL your history would be a small book.

Just let it roll off... YOU know if they are 100% off course.

On the other hand if you get multiple people coming up with the same assumptions based on what you wrote... maybe, just maybe, you ought to look deeper inside your self and see if there is any truth to what they typed.

Anonymous

• That's the price that is paid when a person decided to ask total strangers for advice and parenting tips. Really if they want 'real' help then they should ask the people around them and those that actually "know" them! Sure I'm here and sure I ask questions and I get help but EVERYTHING on this site I take with a grain of salt. Perhaps someone will mention something that I never thought of before and with that I may run and do my own research on it. However, would take anything that is said on this site as gold.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• meant would NOT take anything that is said on this site as gold.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well, I am a sahm and up until three years ago I went to my own mom for all advise but when she passed away three years ago, I was left with no one to help me. I became a mom real young so I did rely on my own mom for advise, I don't have anyone else to go to now some yes sometimes I do go to you guys, total strangers but some of you have really helped me, I know I shouldn't use cm for help but I really don't have anyone else to ask.
    Kimberly71682

Comment by Kimberly71682 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have to admit, sometimes my sarcastic side wants to vent, but I try so hard to "think before I type"..LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with coming here..,. but you have to have a thick skin and you have to pick and choose who to listen to.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS TOO. You cant assume all the women answering your questions have the same life style, morality, or views that you do... you have to pick and choose who you listen to.
    Anonymous

• I became a mom real young as well. I'm only 31 and I have a almost 10 year old and 9 year old. I seek help and advice all the time. I'm close to my mom, but most of the time I don't ask her. (even though I know she would help me). I ask my friends and the people that parent the way I parent that know me.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011