Dead Beat Dads but how about Dead Beat Mom's?

Why is it so hard for people to believe there are dead beat Mom's? I personally think there are dead beat parents in general but when you mention a Mom people are shocked!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not shocked.. i lived with one for almost 19 years
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• its just out of the normal I guess -
    I consider my sister a dead beat mom and she has custody of her child.. so sad..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think mostly because it seems Mom's have a stronger bond after carrying a child for nine months. Those of us who have that bond don't understand how someone could carry that child and not give a shit. But they are out there. I have seen plenty. And it breaks my heart.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm not shocked but it does make me sad....a mother should have such a deep connection with their child...we literally GREW them inside of us....so yeah it makes me sad when I hear about a dead beat mother...or even worse a mother who does unspeakable harm to their children...but I'm not shocked anymore...bad people come in all genders, races and religions
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i know several dead beat moms it is not just men
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Moms who have kids to have more kids.. they have the oldest take care of the younger while they run around or they just off and leave the kids with dad and take off never to be heard of again..

it is just because we as Mothers assume that because we carried and gave birth to our children that we naturally have stronger bonds with them.. not true of every mother sadly.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree, I have been raising my ss since he was two and his mom does nothing. Doesn't pay child support, see , or call her son, but shes the one who has missed out on him growing into the person he is now.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm not shocked by it but I am bothered by it just the same as I am bothered by a dead beat dad. I guess I just don't get how any parent (mom or dad) can't/don't/are not willing to care care for thier children the way I care for my own because I love my children more than life itself and I can not make my own mind wrap wround the idea that every parent doesnt feel the same way about thier own flesh and blood.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• going crazyI worked in Child Support for 10 years...........believe there are moms out there that should be utterly ashamed! Most were worse than the dads............

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i agree!!! My Sister's husband's ex is a dead beat mom!! AND a bad mom @ that!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011