OMG I thought we had broke the bottle habbit...

My two (almost three)year has been off the bottle now for a while. Or atleast i havn't seen or given her one since i get home in the afternoons and her grandmother isn't suppose too either. Anyways, I also have tow others an almost 2 year old and a 8 month old. Last night i caught her taking the bottle away from the baby and taking it in her room and drinking it.I took it away from her and watched her and she went and opened the fridge and got out another bottle. What do you think has gotten into her. I havn't seen her with a bottle in months and now this? She didn't give me much of a problem when i took them away from her but i don't want her to get back into the bottle habbit.

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow!!
    Anonymous

• i think she was just trying to get attention. try giving her a sippy cup and reminding her that babies drink bottles and big girls drink out of cups. like mommy and daddy.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• anon, what exactly does you WOW mean? If you are being tacky then keep your comments to yourself.
    jaceyrayesmom

Comment by jaceyrayesmom (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Is she the second youngest. Like the middle child. U said u had two others. U said u have an 8month old that drinks from it. She could be resorting back to baby hood, they do say kids do that. So don't get mad at her when she does it, just say to her, honey ur a big girl now and u don't need bottles anymore, lets try this one instead. Then give her the sippy. If that doesn't work or fly with her then do what my Pediatrician told me to do with my oldest son who is 3 now.
    She told me put an oz or 2oz of water or juice or milk in the bottle, but have a sippy on the floor close to the child, She will will drink the bottle first, but will go to the sippy because nothing is left in the bottle. If she asks for a bottle after the oz or 2oz are gone, don't fill it up, just pick it up and put in the sink or wash it and put it away. She may or may not have fit but if she is thristy enough she will go to the sippy and always refill that
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My oldest did this something similar so I fixed her one with formula and told her she had to drink that if she wanted a bottle. She took one sip and spit it out and hasn't wanted one since. Of course, your dd might decide she likes formula and this back fire. It more than likely was for attention, but I would ask grandmother if she has given her any or if she had seen this happen before.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ramita the formula idea is fantastic. She hates formula now. She got a formula bottle when the baby was just born and threw the bottle down. That will probably work. cause she is picky.
    jaceyrayesmom

Comment by jaceyrayesmom (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Make sure you don't have any bottles in your house and be clear with your family about what you want for your DD
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 12:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011