How old was your child when you took themoff the bottle?

And did you go straight to sippy cup cold turkey or gradually? Do you give them a sippy at night?

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 2:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he was 16 months and I think it would had been easier at 15 months..
    We practiced with Sippy and regular cups while he was still on the bottle so it wasn't really an issue
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Mine were almost 2 and 15 months. we went to the sippy slowly with my first and with my second as soon as she figured out how to use the cup we tossed the bottle cold turkey
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my son wouldn't frink from a sippy with the spout, so it wasn't until 15 months that I discovered the sippies with straws. Once I gave him one of those, it was like 3 days before he was off the bottle completely. He's always been a mover, so I think he was thrilled that he could take his drink with him instead of sitting still.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i started introducing the sippy cup when my son was 10 months old but he was still using the bottle primarily. I took the bottle away completely a couple days before his 1st birthday. I took the pacifier away at 6 months. No sense in dragging anything on.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Took all my kids off the bible by 10 months and put them on a sippy cup. From there, they went to a regular cup by the time they were 4.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I started using a sippy cup at 11 months and took the bottle away on their first birthdays.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well I was gradually introducing the sippy cup at about 9 months and I would start cutting a bottle feeding slowly and giving him the sippy cup. He was off the bottle by 1 year.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My son pretty much gave up the bottle on his own at 13 months. One day he just wouldn't take it anymore. We went right to the sippy cup.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• @shymom24

lol I love typos.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• When I was having kids, there was no sippy. Just adult cups. So I taught them how to drink out of a cup. Then threw the bottles away.

Answer by louise2 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011