She can come any day now!!! So nervous How long was your labor for the 2nd pregnancy?

Im so nervous about going into labor again. I dread having another c-section.

When you went into labor how fast did it go with your 2nd pregnancy?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 2:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it was so short that the eppie didn't have time to work before she came. my water broke and less than an hour later she was here!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• About 4 hours.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• With my 2nd pregnancy i was again 2 weeks early just like with my first, but my labor went way faster. My contractions never got any closer than 12min apart and by the time i got to the hospital i was 5 cm dialated and i had my 2nd son an hour and a half later. It went way easier for me than my first. I now have 4 boys and would love to go through it all again for another baby, but my husband says he doesnt want to go through the labor and delivery again..LOL.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• OMG!!! My dd was yesterday!!! I am SO ready!!!!! All my labors got longer as I progressed.
    My 4th is due anytime and oh my, I expect it to be super long :(
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i was only in labor for 5 hours with my second
    stormystar15

Answer by stormystar15 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I was in and out of labor for several days - I felt the contractions get stronger for a while and then go away for a while. I was in real labor for about 8 hours, most of it at night with a purring cat. I got to the hospital at 8:30 am was 8cm! She was born at 11am.

My 3rd was super quick. I noticed real labor around 6pm. Got to the hospital around 8pm, had him at 10:30. He came out so quickly that he was bruised from head to toe.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had c-sections with all my kids due to a narrow pelvic bone but I have lots of friends and a sister and I can from their experiences is differs greatly. My sister was in labor for 6 hours with her first two and 7 hours with her third. My best friend was in labor 3 hours with her second and third kid. Another friend was in labor 8 hours with her second and only 4 with her first. And another was in labor 11 hours with her first and only 3 with her second.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• 8.5 hours from first contraction to birth. Mine was a VBAC, too. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My first was 50 hours induced, and my second was 8 hours induced. DRASTIC drop off! I am due sometime in the next 4 weeks and I hope I will go on my own instead of being induced, and that it will be shorter yet. We will see.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i had c-section with all my kids but hope for v-bac when i have another
    angelandducky

Answer by angelandducky at 8:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011