Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Health Moms Serious Question

For about 2 days now, I have had severe cramping in my stomach. Not like period cramps it's like where your small intestines are. I've also had diarrhea, fever, chills, and headaches. I just got over a sinus cold thing so I don't know if that could have played a part in this or not, but I was wondering what it might sound like to you? I read about Chrons Diseases and was thinking it may be that. Does it sound like that to you?? I don't have insurance so I would only be able to go to the hospital if I needed to be seen.


Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (22)
  • a freestanding traditional urgent care clinic wont see you without a wad of cash. if you're in labor, in obvious heart failure, etc they'll attempt to stabilize you while an ambulance is called to take you to an ER where they're legally required to treat you, $$$ or not. They'll deal with the finances later.

    However some ERs have urgent cares attached to them. The nurse will assess you and decide where you go. Newborn with 103 fever = ER. Adult needs 3-5 stitches on a clean wound = urgent care.

    Hospitals will hook you up with medical assistance applications. If that is denied, they have "secret" in house financing. I've paid many hospitals $20 a week for emergency xrays and things.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Fever and chills indicate possible infection. I would be seen if possible.


    Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • I am guessing stomach virus.

    Answer by treynlisa at 2:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I don't have my gallbladder or appendix.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • the e.r. was built for things like "severe cramping" that lasts for 48 hours. you know your body. bonus: they can help you apply for state insurance while ur there and if it's something ongoing like Chrons disease, direct you to the nearest free or sliding scale facility upon discharge

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Mom2Jack = she has no insurance.... how would she goto a primary?

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • If I got to urgent care will I have to pay on the spot?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • hibbingmom, so I get a thumbs down for I don't have insurance but i'll pay $40 to see my primary instead of $250 for the ER....saying you can't see a primary because of no insurance makes NO sense to me.

    Oh and long ago was your gallbladder removed. Without a gallbladder some people have a side effect called BILE SALT's when you can get chills, severe stomach pains and diarrhea from eating greasy foods or even any food or drink can be a trigger. I had it daily for 5 years before it started fading, now I have it about once a month. I made the Bile Salt Diarrhea a link for you to read up about it


    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • balagan = less cost than the er? she is uninsured..... if they do a CT scan of her pelvic area that is approx. $1500.... if she had that in spare change don't you think she'd have health insurance?


    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • BTW to see the urgent cares in my area, they charge you $275 before they even see you....I went there once for horrible sciatic pain and when they told me that I walked out and went to the ER....ER was actually cheaper!

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN