HEALTHY FOODS THAT BUILD IRON

Ive had a rough time at the doctor today....found out I had gestational diabetes and that my iron is low..What a day???So i'm in need of some healthy foods preferabbly meals that bulid iron.

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 2:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Meats, chicken liver, spinach, kale, cook in an iron skillet. Drink more orange juice. Eat cereals.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Total is a great cereal especially when you add fruits. But anything dark and leafy. Spinach, broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts (I know everyone's fav). I was anemic at my 28 week blood screening. I told them I didn't want to do an iron supplement because they can be way too powerful and they also have the tendency to give you really bad constipation. I corrected my anemia with my diet. More red meats, more dark green foods, and a bowl of total whenever I felt snacky. Also Vitamin C Helps you absorb iron, calcium can block it. So try to get your iron in meals where you don't have a lot of calcium.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Make sure you take your prenatals, spincach raw is great, liver, OJ with iron,, all good!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• thanks you guys you'll have gr8 answers!!!
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• well greens umm,if you like chicken liver or any kind of liver that would be good source of iron also you could cook in an iron skillet
    angelandducky

Answer by angelandducky at 8:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011