Christmas Cookie Ideas

I am making cookie tins for a few family members for Christmas and I need some ideas for what kinds of cookies to put in them! I was thinking chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar, and maybe fudge if I can find an easy recipe. Any other suggestions would be very helpful! Or any recipes! Thankyou!

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 3:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I make lots of gift baskets with candy and cookies and here are a couple of things that I get asked the most for... Buckeyes, which I place individually into little paper cups that I get at the cake and candy supply store. Another really great gift-giving cookie is "stained glass" cookies. Once you cut out your sugar cookies, cut the center out with a smaller cutter and after you put in on the baking sheet add some crushed hard candies. (I use life savers) As the cookies bake, the candy melts and when cooled the cookies have hardened centers that look like glass. You could also dip pretzel rods into chocolate (1/2 way) then roll it in crushed candy cane. And, I dip some in white choc. and roll them in trail mix. The kind that has nuts and cranberries are really beautiful when they're done.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Peanut clusters so easy. Melt a package of almond bark and chocolate chips in microwave then add a jar of roasted peanuts and spoon out on wax paper until they are hardened.
    They are a hit every year with my family.
    Ellen306

Answer by Ellen306 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am doing something similiar but with mason jars. One recipe that I am using is for a candy cluster, you take 1 pound white chocolate and melt it, then add 1 cup of broken up pretzels, and one cup of broken up pecans, mix together and drop spoonfuls onto wax paper. Once they set up they are good to go! I am going to have my daughters sprinkle the tops with red and green sugars.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Russian Tea Cookies, spritz cookies, shortbread, birdsnests, gingerbread men.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2008