Fat and happy?

I have read some posts on here with women saying they like their large size that they are happy... I want to know how i get there.

For the first time in my life Im fat and I HATE it. I dont feel sexy in bed, I dont like that my clothes dont fit. I dont like that I have rolls hanging over my seat belt... that just flat out grosses me out every day. I dont like it!!!

Im working out again... but would like to be happy until I loose this weight. But how?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• I am now fat and NOT happy about it so I currently am going through a weightloss center and am taking up running because internally it was driving me insane being 40lbs overweight.. I didn't/ don't want family pictures which I KNOW i will regret.. I hate being naked and I seriously heard some belly slapping while having sex the other night lol!~ GROSS>..lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Find clothes that are cute and fit you comfortably until you lose some weight. I feel the worse when I put on an outfit that use to fit me so well once upon a time...
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 2:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• LMBO @ the belly slap!
    Ok... so you are in the same BIG boat that Im in!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yes... I did buy bigger clothes. I dont want to look like crap just 'cause I feel like crap.
    that is good... I just dont want to become reliant on bigger clothes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I feel much better when I workout several times a week - it helps destress you, gives you more energy, etc. Recently, I've started trying Shakeology to help with my weight loss. My husband says he really notices the difference. I hear there will be a 10-page article in Oprah's magazine this month about the product. Mostly, just do what makes you feel good about yourself.
    JenineS

Answer by JenineS at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yeah going thru the same situation and am hitting the gym. I think the happiness part comes from self-esteem. You don't like the way you look therefore don't like yourself. If you can find happiness in even a little bit of something right now cling to it. it may be what helps you get over the hump (no pun intended)
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well you are working out again you said....make small goals for yourself, something like goal #1 lose 5 pounds, and when you reach it, celebrate it (not by pigging out though, lol). Work up a good sweat and just feel energized and awake after the workout. I'm not perfect, I'm doing Insanity, and if 5'1" 169 pound me can do it I think almost anyone can.....I recently became a beachbody coach to try and make money while doing it and even though I hate the pictures....I put my before pictures up proudly....because I know once I'm at my goal weight those before and after pictures will be amazing.

At the same time. I'm used to being a size 14. I'm finally a 12 and that motivates me. But if I was at a 14 for the rest of my life, I'd still love me. But now, I want to be healthy and have a body that reflects it. I want to see my grandkids some day and play with them, lol i'm only 33 right now...but i'll get there
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• LOL Maxsmom....I sometimes wear 2 bras and a spanx tank top to stop myself from getting black eyes from my boobs flying while working out. Thankfully i've also gone from a 42dd to a 38c in the last month alone!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think if they are fat and happy that means they don't want to lose the weight...they are happy with their size. If you want to lose the weight it may be hard to be "fat and happy"

I am 255 lbs and am comfortable with my body and I guess I'm "happy". I was 125lbs when I got preg with my 1st dd and now 5 yrs and 3 kids later I'm this big and I'm ok with it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I am a little fat and happy. How? My DH likes it! He says he would not be able to grab me without hurting me if I were thin.
    So when him and I first met, he made sure I ate. But then again I was 119 pounds at 5'7" and thought I looked good.
    I look back on those photos and see where my face has filled in and my legs are not as boney. And now I have breasts.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011