Do you let people help you when your pregnant?

i have someone that offers all the time to help me with housework and with my other 2 boys! im not one to ask for help or take it! i usually just do it myself and take one day at a time and yes things get backed up but it gets done! some times i do feel a lil overwhelmed should i take the help?

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 2:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I accepted help from my Mom. She took me to doctor appointments and even to lunch a lot. And when I was too tired to finish my dishes she did them for me. But that's my Mom though.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes, you should take the help, especially if they are offering. Even if it just gives you an hour or two to yourself or to go out and run some errands or get your nails done. It's nice that they offer to help and it would give you a much needed break so I say go for it. You can always return the favor someday when your friends or family need a hand with something. I was happy to let people help me when I was pregnant, and it was my first child so I didn't even have other little ones to take care of. But I was happy to have people help me get the nursery ready, get all of the clothes and blankets washed, make food to freeze for those first weeks at home, etc. And I know the people who helped me with all of that seemed to enjoy it, too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's not a bad thing to accept help when you could use it. I know it can be hard to bring yourself to do, something I have a hard time with, but I've learned that accepting a little help here and there can ease a lot of stress =) Be glad you have people who can help, a lot of people don't have that opportunity.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i try not too... but i am one who will keep on doing till i can't no more... even though i'm pregnant i still do what i need to... my mil though on the other hand always did want to help she is a true sweetheart and so does my husband but i only let them help me so much.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 2:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• of course I let people help me.

I had a dear friend that came once a month and cleaned the heck out of my home while I was pregnant, getting all the stuff I was too fatigued or lacked agility to do. We cleaned together (I did the more mellow tasks) and it was a wonderful girl time for us.

You can always return the favor when your friend has a bun the oven or has other needs.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You can always use help... just take the time they want to help to go lay down and relax with your feet up
    MyPassionDiva

Answer by MyPassionDiva at 2:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I wished i had the help.(1 keept saying she would come & help but always their was a reason she couldnt come)
    I cleaned out the room moving heavy box bymyself b/c I wanted a room for Zeena still dont have a room. These so called friends (family lives far away) hardly had time to give me a baby shower. Got it the day before I went in to have my baby. If my family lived closer I know that would have come to help out. These same friends say how much they love Zeena & a few came to see her when she was 1st born, but have they made a trip to my home, NO anyway...
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 3:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would take the help if I had any!! LOL

Hopefully they will still offer to help after the new babies arrival :)
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i have friend and family that helped me out when i was prego
    angelandducky

Answer by angelandducky at 8:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011