Why do I crave sugar EVERY single time I eat?

Even after breakfast, I want sugar, is it just a bad habit, addiction, or could it be a medical issue, like low blood sugar?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• I don't know but that happens to me also -
    I also have a problem where once I DO eat, I want to keep eating.. full or not..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You could be hyperinsulinemic (not diabetic) ... your body produces too much insulin due to the kinds of foods you are eating (particularly carbs) and it's that excess insulin that drives your need for more sugar intake and/or the desire to keep eating even if you're full.
    Anonymous

• http://www.gallbladderattack.com/sugarcravings.shtml

It is interesting but basically it has to do with your adrenals- sugar or caffiene forces your adrenals to give up the energy you are lacking. You adrenals sit above your kidneys and are responsible for the production of estrogen and progesterone. But it is all explained in the link there.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I do like anons answer as well.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you all, yes I do eat a lot of carbs and don't eat good enough. I am trying to get a handle on it but I think I am pmsing right now and that makes it SOOOOO HARD!!!!!
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Simple fact: the more sugar you eat, the more you crave. Stop eating anything sugary for a day or two & the craving will go away.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• try substituting it w/ some sweet fruit such as pineapple
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011