We just can't seem to come to an agreement,now what?

We have names basically for all five kids(one's already here) we plan on but while we agree on first names middle names are a battle. We've been ttc for awhile just like last time and we had already had a name picked by the time I got pregnant last time,it's like part of my focus and mantra while trying to get pregnant. It's just part of my process honest it's not to an unhealthy level.

I know that we have a lot more time for finalities but what do you do when you just can't agree? And no he won't throw out any name ideas most of the times,so 99% of the time it's me throwing out ideas and he says no. So we can't just compromise by combining names.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Baby Names

• Have pick out names he likes and go from there.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Each make a list of maybe 50 names. Then see if you've both written down any of the same ones. That should give you a starting point.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You both have to just throw out all name ideas that you've both already picked and start over without going back to those names. It can't just be him naming the child, it's your child together, not just his. There has to be some kind of compromise, he can't be so stubborn and refuse to be open-minded.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Make a list of "compromise names"- Names you feel are something that really should appeal to both of you. When he rejects it, offer YOUR name list- the list of names that YOU LOVE without any regard to what he thinks. He may surprise you and like one of those. Or if he is anything like my husband, he'll ask for the first list back. If that fails, make HIM make the lists and YOU get veto power. At the end of the day, it really is HIS job to convince YOU, since you get to fill out the birth certificate.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Each make a list and then hand it to the other. The other marks the names they like and you go from there.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2011