My poor 9 month old has spring allergies. how can i relieve her watery runny nose?

i cannot afford a humidifier right now and she's miserable and pissed off that her nose won't stop running. i can't suck it with an aspirator either because there's nothing solid to it. it's watery mucus and tons of it. we tried a vapo rub bath and we're using vapo rub but it's not working. her nose it just draining and draining and it's really pissing her off. she keeps trying to rub it away and she rubs it all over her face. and yes i know the difference between a cold and allergies, this is allergies. how do i help her? do they make baby allergy medicine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your doctor and ask if there is anything u can give her.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• a bath, or simply saline nasal mist clears my sons nose and just breaks up the mucus so he can breathe
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ask your doctor about giving Children's Benadryl. I have given it to my dd, at times when her allergies get bad, since she was about 3 months old, you just need to get the ok from your doctor and they will have to give you the dosage amount based on her age and weight because it won't tell you on the bottle how much to give a child so young.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My 8 month old son has the same problem. He has spring allergies and asthma. My doctor told me to give him 1/2 teaspoon of benedryl. He weights 13 pounds...he is tiny. lol. It works great. I only give it to him at night, and only when it's bad. Maybe once a week. Good luck!
    JessicaNelson21

Answer by JessicaNelson21 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Our 9 month old son takes SIngulair and it seems to really help. I would talk to your doctor he probly could give her something.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 3:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. Our daughter started allergy meds at 16 months. Totally different child. Hang in there momma!
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011