13 yEAR OLD TELLING HER FRIENDS SHE PREGANT WITH TWINS...

last night, i took my daughters phonen and looked at her texts. and she has alot of friends from the internet that r guys. and shes telling them that shes pregant with twins. what should i do? any opinions on this!!! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• You need to sit down with your daughter and find out what's going on. I would also suggest taking her to talk to someone who's a professional. It sounds to me like there are a lot of self-esteem issues here. She's not happy with who she is so she's creating a fantasy to live in. Also, with her craving male attention so much shows me she doesn't feel attractive or loved. This is a serious issue and needs to be delt with. If she has a low self worth than many more serious things WILL happen if you don't take care of this now.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• and she says shes like 25 weeks along rihtnow, becuase it saids that on one of her texts. and shes not pregant!
    Anonymous

• She is probably lying for attention. If you'[re talking about your daughter, I would take her to an OB and check....
    Anonymous

• omg...id ask her about it,

she is your daughter she is still a child,
    she lives under your roof no explaining is needed for the privacy blah blah,

i would indeed ask her all the questions any mom would,
    are you sexually active,
    whats this crap about being prego
    and of course my dear
    i would have a pregnancy test right there, and tell her to piss on it!

good luck ...
    and happy grounding!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Hun, I'm gonna warn you now b/c I remember girls that would do this in high school. They desperately wanted a child. Shortly after lying about it they would start trying. I would bet that this is the case with your daughter. I would take her to planned parenthood and sit with her at the clinic, do it on a clinic day where she has to wait around other teens. She will see many somber faces that come out from teh back. It may scare her. I would get her birth control while you're there.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above anon. I think you need to take her to planned parenthood. I mean, they have birth control, (If you're interested), counselors who have maybe seen this before and know what to do about it. Try to be at least 2 hours early for your appt, though. Let her see that it's no joking matter, and there are frightened young women out there!

mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Take away the phone!
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• no more phone, no more internet, no more friends, no more activities. LOCK DOWN! this is a very serious problem, don't let her convince you that it's no big deal. If she's lying to the whole world, she will lie to you too. Take her to the O.B. asap. and make sure she is supervised 100% of the time. Make her tell her friends that she lied (in front of you) and if she refuses, you need to do it. She is embarrassing herself, and her family, and you must take serious action so she knows that this is no joke.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Agree about making her tell her friends and all she told in front of you she lied and if she refuses, you do it. She needs to know she isn't getting away with this. You can't just make up stories like that and have no punishment. I think she needs help.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Take away the phone and the internet! Punish her for the lying. REgarurdless what it is about lying is unacceptable to anyone. Especially such a lie as that! Plus get answers ask her a bout her sexual activity but don't blow up at her or she will only lie to you. Be concerned and gentle with your questioning even though I know you must be burning up inside!! Make sure she understand what Make her take a pregnancy test just for your own sake and I agree a trip to planned parenthood could be a wise choice. Good luck and keep us posted!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008