I'm confused now?

I have been researching Autism and vacs for three days now, I kept getting there is no prove. But if you go on you tube there are a lot of videos claiming it MAY be vacs. So what should us as parent be leave. One person theory says yes, while some say maybe, and then you have some saying NO. so now I wonder is it all just theory or is any of these doctors right....Idk anymore

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Believe what your research tells you. It's all up to you to decide which is reliable information.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• From what I understand.. its not FROM the Vaccines but the vaccines can be triggering something that is already inside the body through genetics or environmental circumstances - to me, it sounds the same and ends in a result that sounds the same -
    apparently its far to GREY of an area for anyone to say YES or NO and pinpoint what the "cause' is for every or most cases..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with masmom from what I've read and researched its not the vaccines, but maybe just something they trigger. With that being sad, I believe that the risk of autism from vaccines is less likely than the child catching something so serious that could have been avoided by getting vaccinated. I've already been around some of these things (whooping cough for example) and their rough. Of course, its all up to the parents, and how they feel about the circumstances. I would definitely talk to you childs doctor and get his/her opinion and ask him/her from some research on it. Good-luck deciding!!!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The doctor who originally published the journal article linking autism to vaccines has been shown to be a fraud who did it for money.

There are some cases where vaccines have caused new problems in a patient but as someone already stated, there must already be a genetic disorder in the person or something similar that would be triggered by the vaccine.

When you do your research, avoid biased sites that are obviously anti-vax, as they are often out of date or use scare tactics that twist the facts so severely they are worthless. You can easily tell if the site is a scam if the author is trying to promote themselves for speaking engagements, sell a book, or suggests you buy some kind of "alternative" treatment. Try to find unbiased sites, and definitely talk to your child's doctor.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• For what it's worth, one of the ingredients that folks were claiming a link to autism was the mercury in the preservatives, which haven't been in vaccinations in the US since 2001.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 5:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ok, just like I can't PROVE vax cause autism, you can't prove that they don't.

check out this link.... and see what you think about all the CRAP they put into those vaxs. You make the decision.

Just as someone stated about that Dr. who was a fraud, what about all the other Dr's who are pushing vaxs because of the pharmicutical companies out to make a buck. Big bucks. Do you really think they are in it for OUR children? Hell no.

Also, yes they say mercury causes autism, but if that is really the case, how come so many children are still being diagnosed with autism in 2011?

Also, gardisil is a crock of crap. So many healthy girls who are suffering and now dying from that vax. Look up Gabi swank on fb.
    I will not tell someone to vax or not, but how can a completely healthy child get the MMR and then poof, they are no longer talking, staring out into space, etc. We ALL want what is BEST for our children.
    Anonymous

• (con't) here is the link

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/May2001/WhatsInVax.htm

Only you can decide what is right for your children. We have to pray we all make the right decisions.
    Anonymous

• there IS medium. it's not one size fits all (either vax or skip the vax) you can spread them out, delay some, or skip a few that may not be relevant to your child
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• okay.. first, I never rely on youtube for a source of information unless you are looking for a how to video.. (and even then research if before you try it).

secondly, as for the "mercury" or thimerosal, companies were only asked to reduce the amount used, not eliminate it completely. It's still in most flu shots.

Third: IF vaccinations are found to be links to MMR (the one most people believe causes it), to autism it still only covers cases for regressive autism, (where the child regresses from developmental behavior after an incident).. the other cases the children are born with, so it still doesn't cover explanations for all forms of autism.

Four: while these "companies" rake in money for these shots, they and the countries lose far more when there is an epidemic outbreak of a sever illness, and the death tolls are far higher when people choose to not vaccinate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• the CDC actually found a study that with the shots of thimerosal: Children in the study who developed autism spectrum disorder (ASD) actually had less exposure to vaccines with the mercury-containing preservative than children who developed normally.

if you want research, research medical journals.. there is no link to autism and vaccines.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011