Private school website question....

if a private school has a large, fancy, well maintained website with lunch menus, full faculty info, photo tours, and so on but fails to state ANYTHING in regards to the tuition costs, would you take this as a sign it's so expensive that if you have to ask you probably don't wanna know/can't afford it? ... my MIL is trying to tell me the local Catholic school probably just "forgot" to put it on there

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in

• I always take it as expensive.
    Call and ask.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't know. My daughter goes to a private school and that info is on their website. I would just contact the admissions dept. to get that info.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 3:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would just call and ask.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't they 'forgot' to put it on there, but it just may not have occured to them to put it on there. Also, they might have left it off for other reason. For instance, they may not have put it on there because they know if they did people may not inquire about the school even though they may have good payment plans or scholarships that the kids can earn. If you like the school it might be worth looking into at least.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's common to not have tuition rates on the website. Many schools offer tuition assistance to a large proportion of their students, and posting the official tuition rates would scare too many people off.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• They didn't forget. Sometimes rates are changing enough that schools, like daycares, are reluctant to post their prices. Our private pre-K-8 school does not post tuition, either, but the private high schools do. Go figure.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Since it's a religious school they probably don't adveriste their prices. Members of the church who sponsor the school often get a huge discount, but of course they don't advertise this so they don't get people joining the church only to save on tution. I used to work for a Lutheran school and the church members paid half of what non church members did. We weren't supposed to tell anyone and I didn't even know tution costs until I had worked there almost a year. It was very hush-hush.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That's an interesting thought. You are probably right.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not necessarily. Most private schools (especially religious based ones) have different scales for tuition and rates change yearly. If you are a member of the church, rates are lower, there are mulitple student discounts and some even have scholarships.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• As a former Catholic student for my entire childhood ,they would not put it on there.Yes it will be expensive no doubt but they do work with you.My poor parents put 6 children through and made payments.Back then it was over 100 a month per child.Thank goodness we were spread out!!My father was a brick layer and mom a stay home mom.We made it,even though the nuns did question me in the 2nd grade about payment ,i did not realize it costs back then.But the education you get there is steller compared to public schools.I did not need any help in school until i was in the 11th grade.I was a student from 1st thru 6th grade before i left for public schools.GOOD LUCK.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

Next question in
Becoming a dental hygientist?

Next question overall (Parenting Debate)
I'm confused now?