How do you keep.........

bills, current or not, organized?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have rubber banded stacks of paid bills, by bill. So all the power bills are in one stack and the most current one gets added to the top and banded to the stack. On them I have written "PAID" the date it was paid, the amount and the check # I paid them with or the online receipt is put in the "window" of the bills envelope. I have all my "To be Paid" bills in a envelope size accordion organizer and each have a different slot. When I get them in on the left side I write along the edge the due date and the amount due. All other bills that aren't regular occurring bills get the same treatment, but if I have an outstanding bill that I can only pay a little on, I pay that amount and on the outside of it write what I paid, when I paid, check # and what I OWE STILL and HIGHLIGHT it so I know there's still more due on that bill (medical bills etc..). I keep that bill in the "to be paid" folder until they send me a new one,

BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 3:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I get mine online and they are set up on autopay to come directly out of my checking account. No paperwork to deal with.
    Anonymous

• i get my bills online as well..but i am not on autopay but what i do i write all my bills down....with the amount that is owed as well by what day. i also write down how much i get paid( i am biweekly) and i make sure i balance my check book as well. once i pay the bill i put a check mark or i crossed thur it ...then once it has came out of my checking account that is when i do the same in my check book...i have a personal calander the one that can fit in my purse and i use post-it alot too...and i do this monthly. it keep me organized and alot of times when i know my due dates i go ahead and go to the online site and make my payment and if i have to i post date it to fall on or after my pay day...but by doing this i always pay on time .
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 3:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Oh, and those stacks of "paid" bills go in file boxes I just get from staples. I keep them for 7 years then shred them.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 3:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• the ones that arien't set up on auto-draft are put on the refridgerator with our calendar and to do list. Once they are paid, they are crossed out and statements shredded!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 3:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I write down when everything is due on a calendar every month and then make a list of the bills and check them off as I pay them.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i have a cork board ( i think its called lol) above my computer desk and as soon as i get them in the mail they go up there the ones that are pd go into a filing cabinet
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i write down every bill in a calendar with due date and they get file by earliest to latest. once they are paid they get file in there folder.
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 4:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• We have a try in our office that we put all the maill in (after it's sorted for junk). Then every 2 weeks I pay the bills. When they're paid, I fill them in an accordian file by type of bill (electric, gas, water, etc.).
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• we use a folder thing that has dividers...one for each bill...the older bills go in the back and new ones in the front
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011