Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Due date was April 23rd.....still no baby, what happens now?

I was due April 23, 2011. no baby yet. I'm really worried, had a work-up on Monday and found out that our little girl is already 7lbs, and perfectly healthy. My hubby wants me to induce, but I still want to go naturally. What should I do?

 
khebert

Asked by khebert at 2:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 7 (155 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Okay, this was my experience. My hospital induces after 41 weeks of no baby. I was 41 weeks and two days pregnant and was induced with pitocin. I did not want any pain meds, but if I got them, I only wanted IV meds. I did get IV meds about 30 min before I delivered (the pain was super unbearable at the time. My baby was over 9 lbs and had complications at birth, so they took her straight from the room. The IV meds made me so loopy that I could not focus on them taking her.. and I only saw the top of her head before she was gone.
    Induction is more painful then going naturally, but you do get your baby quicker. That's the only perk from my experience. And it increases the likelihood that you'll have to have a C section.
    It's your and your doctors choice, but I would choose to go naturally next time.. and would argue with the doctor.
    Flippindadaisie

    Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Now, it's a waiting game.
    Chloesmom1126

    Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • What did your doctor say?
    babygirl0782

    Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • I would wait. I had 3 children and carried all of them 3 weeks past the due date. They were all born naturally and healthy. My doctor told me that it takes the bodies of some women longer than the average and that if I had a dozen children, I would probably carry them all about the same length of time. Today my children are 41, 38, and 33. I think that there are many more advantages in waiting until you and the baby are ready than there are in rushing things up.
    NannyB.

    Answer by NannyB. at 3:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Wait it out!!!! As long as baby is doing well, you really have nothing to be concerned about. Due dates are JUST estimates!! That baby will come just as soon as she is ready. :D And it won't be forever!!! No matter if you have one day left, or two weeks left, the fact is - you are counting down! Soon. After 2 weeks overdue they may want to do tests to make sure the placenta is still working well - but te majority of the time it is. :) And, hopefully you are just days away from holding that little one.

    Being induced can cause complications for you and for the baby. Maybe have your husband do some googling on that and read what he finds. He may feel a lot better about waiting it out after reading stuff.

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
    micheledo

    Answer by micheledo at 3:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Personally, I would wait. But I've never had a "late" baby, so it's easy for me to say. If you are comfortable with waiting, I would. Your husband has a right to input, but ultimately it is your body they put the inducing drugs into. I had pitocin with my first and I wouldn't do it again if I had a choice.
    balagan_imma

    Answer by balagan_imma at 3:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • They will usually induce if you're more then a week late. You pretty much have to wait.
    Eisleysmommy27

    Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • 7lbs - not too big. And don't induce unless the baby or your health is at risk.
    twinsplus2more

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Two weeks either way. The Dr. will tell you if you need to induce.
    tootoobusy

    Answer by tootoobusy at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Thank you all for your support! I am very skeptical about induction, and we just had a work-up monday, and everything was well with her, I go back friday for another check-up, as long as all is well, I believe I will let Mother Nature take her course. thanks for the input!
    khebert

    Comment by khebert (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN