Changing Jobs

I am considering changing jobs. I know of a job opening that i could stand a chance of getting however it is a further drive than i currently drive. The reason i am wanting to quit my current job is because of my co-worker, She is nice but she takes advantage. She has been out since last wednesday and i have been doing her work and mine and i am staying caught up. I am extremely busy but i am not overly behind. When she is here, she will be a week behind and i will have to help her get caught up. (she has been here for 3 years and i have been here for 6 months. so it isn't because she is new) And her husband calls many times a day. Hecalls on his way to a job and when he leaves a job. Our boss just loves her so doesn't say anything to her. But it is irritating because i have to know her job but if someone calls about something on the criminal side of things, she automatically sends them to me. She wont crosstrain for my job like i have to for hers. And she is always calling me in the mornging to bring her something for breakfast because they only have one vehicle working and says her husband already HAD to drop her off. And she was of today and yesterday saying that both of there vehicles are broke down now and couldn't get to work. What would you do. Should i just stick it out or put inmy application elsewhere.

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 3:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'd say go for the other job.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If you don't want to stop and get her breakfast tell her you don't allow time in your morning routine for that stop, sorry.
    If you are an hourly employee it shouldn't make any difference what you are asked to do during those hours.
    If you resent having to do her work because she doesn't stay caught up (and I can definitely understand that) tell her you are too busy doing your own job and don't have time to help her with hers.
    I know exactly how you feel..everybody loved her at my job; she was their little darling. Little did they know that she was stealing from them right under their noses. Thousands of dollars overtime. I saw it the first month I was there but who would have believed me?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No way in hell would I be bringing breakfast. I hope she pays you back. I'd stay if the job/hours/pay were decent. Otherwise, see ya.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You sound like a great employee that the other company would be lucky to hire! Go for the other job and, when you get it and leave this one, tell the boss (nicely) why you decided to leave.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011