Honda CR-V or Jeep Patriot?

Do you drive either? What do you think? Would I be crazy to consider a Japanese car in light of the tsunami issues?

1smartcookie

Asked by 1smartcookie at 3:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Shopping

• i would go with the honda cr-v because when you get ready to trade in you be able to get alittle more....they did a study on the worst vehicles here lately and i was really shocked to see that the Jeeps made the list..because i always thought they was good cars...good luck on your purchase!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• How tall are you? I am 5'7" and when I drive my sil's CR-V my knee always ends up hurting. The seat just doesn't go back far enough for my legs to stretch out (a reason I despise driving Ford's). I am not a fan of the Patriot's styling. I would say if you are under 5'6" go for the CR-V. My sil's has a lot of power for a 4cylinder and does really well on gas.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have a CR-V. Depending on the model chosen, it can really fit tall people. My husband is 6'7", and the only ones he fit in were the CRV and the Mitsubishi Outlander. I am pleased except for the interior cloth, which is not very comfortable sand shows stains really easily.
    Anonymous

• I'm 5'6." DH is 6’3” and DS is going to be tall (he’s taller than me already and he’s only 12). We need to be able to fit a car seat in the back and still have room for the two older kids. I drive a Jeep Liberty now and space is pretty tight. This is the second Jeep I’ve owned, the first being a Grand Cherokee. I don’t know what it is, but Jeeps always seem to have issues with the tires losing air and it’s not like I’m off-roading or anything. I read that the CR-V was a good choice for a family of five, and decent on gas mileage.
    1smartcookie

Comment by 1smartcookie (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have a jeep commander and I love love love it!!! We have had zero problems, we have been very happy with it. We are defiantly jeep people now. It's roomy and so so awesome!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Anon, what year CR-V is it? My sil's is a 98 or 99, one of the older ones. So the newer one's must have more space.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Oh, yes, for sure. Mine is a 2008 . . there is much more space than the 99 model. (My BIL had one of those, and itr was alot tighter).
    Anonymous

• LOL, anon, you had me wondering if all the times had driven the CR-V that I had not gotten the seat back enough. My husband drove it one time he is 6'3" and he talked about his right knee hurting. I thought when I drove it I would be okay since I am shorter but I have driven it three times and every time my right knee hurt when I got out.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'd go with Honda their good on gas and they last for YEARS lol
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 5:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• CRV all the way --- i own one - an 06 - and i havent had ANY problems - my friend bought the patriot the same year, she has replaced so many things, shocks, brakes, struts, etc... also her vents inside the car crumbled (the slits fell apart) within the first year of owning it - being that i know her car fell apart and mine hasnt had any issues i would highly recommend the crv.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2011