Best sandals/outdoor summer shoes for boys? Going shopping tomorrow need opinions!

I was looking at the "playground" sandals/shoes from the gap, they look nice, closed toed(so still can wear them to school, and wont get stubbed toes while playing) They have some good reveiws so far, but any other suggestions?
What ones are worth paying more $ for I'd be ok with that if they last the whole summer. Thanks!

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Stride Rite all the way.... My dd wears them every year and they have some cute boy ones too.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My son just likes his Crocs. They are affordable, they can be hosed off when they get dirty, and they are comfy for him. I can vouch that one should be careful on escalators, because I once saw my nephew's Croc get stuck in the side of an escalator... but then again, I had the same thing happen as a child with the lace from my running shoe. I just remind the kids to stand in the middle, or better yet we just walk up the stairs.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• google crocling .... made by crocs but they're not clogs, they are secure/stay on. we always buy my son a blue pair of croclings each summer and also a leather brown pair, sometimes by stride rite
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Crocs are good. They never smell! You can wear them to the beach and then wash them off. They can put them on themselves!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I always liked k-marts tom McCans leather sandals. they are kind of closed toe (they have a center leather panel in the middle covering the toes) and they are pretty durable. And they arent on the higher end of prices so you dont have to break the bank over some shoes they will outgrow.

Um if you dont have a k-mart in your area i second the Stride rite!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 5:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011