Have you ever heard of Joyce Meyer?

what are your thoughts on her?

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely nothing, she has no impact on my life one way or another. Atheism is nice that way.
    Anonymous

• I can listen to her for awhile; until she starts talking about herself; her experiences, her family, her life, her decisions. Then I turn the channel.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I LOVE her! I enjoy her show, she's so anointed of God,and lets Him work through her. I also love Beth Moore.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yuck. she's a prosperity theorist. There is a special place in hell for her type.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• whats a prosperity theroist. why would she go to hell?? im confused
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• She preaches prosperity theology. A belief that if wealth is a sign of God's love of you. Which obviously means that if you are poor, God doesn't like you much.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• adnilm do you listen to her? I listen to her every day and I have never gotten that from her . the main message i hear her say is Your thoughts affect your moods. you can chose to be postive. she has even told stories of being on a budget and living in a one bedroom with her kids. she is honest and her preaching has brought me much closer god and christ
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• IF im super depressed or in a pissy mood. i will listen to her more then once a day. im bioplar i think she is too. and her teachings help me alot
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yup, I've listened to her. And her theology is wrong. She's a motivational speaker, not a woman of God. She teaches that Jesus was tortured in hell after crucifiction and that that is what is the source of our salvation

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• She teaches success as a monetary number, not a heavenly one.
    Paraphrasing St Thomas Aquinas,
    the good person who is deprived of material goods is actually being rewarded, since that deprivation opens him more and more to the spiritual dimension; and perhaps the wicked person who has every worldly benefit is actually being punished, since those material preoccupations close him to the only good that finally matters.'
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011