do you celebrate

Jesus death or his ressurection? B/C we were told to celebrate the death not the ressurection. Just wondering...Or does it even matter to you..I mean weather your celebrateing his death or ressurection? How do you celebrate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We observe his death because Jesus inaugurated a binding Memorial, not of his birth, but of his death, saying: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Lu 22:19) It was his death that gave us life, Heb. 9:15. not his birth or resurrection...
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The ressurction is the most important part. Without his ressurction we could not serve a living Savior. God is not dead he is alive.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 3:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The Advent season is the promise of the Light Of World coming. Without his birth there would not have been the death and Resurrection. Without the selflessness of Mary the protection of Joseph. The prophocies would not have come true.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't celebrate it, it doesn't matter to me. He was a great historical figure, not a god.
    Anonymous

• Im not christian so no I dont.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We celebrate his death...which is also the resserection. We do not celebrate Easter...nor his birth...which BTW is not Cmas.
    Anonymous

• I thought it was the fact that he was resurected that was celebrated?
    Anonymous

• I celebrate His sacrifice every time I take Holy Communion. ( Luke 22:19; I Cor. 11:24-26)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am sooo happy to see so many that do not celebrate his b-day, I was beginning to wonder where you were...I do not celebrate it at all anymore. I do however keep the Passover.
    hiswords777

Answer by hiswords777 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008