What are the bible verses every CHRISTIAN (sorry!!!) child should memorize. Besides John 3:16

Question edited! I just assumed if it did not pertain to you that you would not click on it but I forgot alot of you are out there to bash Christians for their beliefs, sorry. Lapse of memory there!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
    “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
    “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ ~Matthew 22:42-45

A few of my favorites ^.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;” ~ Matthew 5:44

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. ~1 John 4:7-12

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm not a Christian, but I think that as with any book, it's better to read and see which parts speak to you or have more meaning to you, rather than just memorizing verses. I think that everyone who reads the bible gets something different out of it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Memorizing bible verses means nothing. Reading and understanding is much more important
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” ~Matthew 22:36-40
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Every child? None. We're not all Christians, you know.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

•     I just read these & they made me tear up with "Joy unspeakable!"

Hevrews 4:14  Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 5:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Christian child or non-Christian child- my answer stays the same. I think everyone, regardless of their affiliation, needs to understand that sometimes - Shit just happens!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• None
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011