Does anyone attend Unitarian universalist church?

how is it like? Im wiccan and would like to know more info on this type of church. How is yours? What do they talk about? Who attends? what do they speak about? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Social justice is a big thing for them. And they tend to be a "god is everywhere" type of group. You might like it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't attend one now, but I'm very interested in visiting one. We have a couple about an hour away from us, but we haven't been yet. I wish we had one in our town. I have an aunt and uncle who attend one in another state, and she is a Buddhist and he is a post-theist (or post-Christian), so it's nice that they have a place that accepts them both. I have found some information by looking for the local churches websites online. It does seem like the one near us pulled from many traditions, including nature based religions, so some members are Wiccan or various paths that embrace polytheism or pantheism. They also look to Humanism, the Bible, Buddhist texts, etc. Human rights seem to be an important element as well as respecting everyone's right to follow their own paths and question everything. I think it would be a great fit for us; I just wish we lived a little closer to one.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• There's one down the road but I haven't gone, though I do see ads around the college for their services, right now they are running a workshop to learn about buddhism.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I haven't, but would love to if there were nearby - the closest is an hour away :(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Every fellowship is different. They work around the make up of who attends. Best way to find out is to go in and ask, or if you're not comfortable with that, look at their website. Most have one, including a calendar of different services/meditations and groups.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i have looked at the closest one to me and i really dont see anything that has to do with what i believe. Its a lot of spirituality but they do jewish and christian stuff and i dont believe in those. I guess i was looking for more of a Pagan church just for us haha guess not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If there are no other pagans going to that fellowship, they won't include anything for them. Is it the only one in your area?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yea it is. we live too far away to drive to Seattle to go to any of those down there. http://www.tuuc-wa.org/ this is the one that is close to us and i really dont like how they do it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That's too bad. I like ours, in general. Not crazy about the pastor they have right now, but it's a style issue. The one in the next town over, though, might as well just be another non-denom Christian church for all the diversity they have. I think everyone drives to ours instead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I haven't been yet to the one around here yet, but I am planning on it within the next week or so. I have already spoken with a member that I know and it really seems like something I might enjoy.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011