PART TWO

1john 3:8 brings out that those who lie originate with the devil for the devil has been lying from the beginning of time…….. If you tell your child about Santa... (He sees you when you’re sleeping he knows when you’re awake, he knows when you have been bad or good)... whose qualities are those? GODS you just gave god like qualities to a man who does not exist and you just gave him the powers that only god has. After your child finds out that Santa does not exist and that you lied.... might they question god? Maybe, maybe not. But keep in mind who sin/lying originates with (the devil). SO NOW YOU HAVE NOT ONLY LIED BUT ABOUT SOMETHING THAT DID NOT HAPPEN OR SHOULD NOT BE CELABRATED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• SO FOR ALL YOU WHO SAID ITS NOT OKAY TO LIE IN PART ONE. CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ANSWER IF YOU CELABRATE CHRISTMAS?????
    Anonymous

• I 100% agree with you. But 99% of everyone else don't see it that way..Sadly so!
    Anonymous

• Funny how only nutjobs agree with other nutjobs.
    Anonymous

• Yes I know and it’s so frustrating to me. I’m a true Christian and I don’t believe that you should celebrate things just because everyone else does. As a Christian it’s just not correct to do so. It’s a lie. And even if you were celebrating his birth what does Santa have to do with it? That’s where Satan really comes in he’s a wonderful "angel of light" "blinding the mind of the unbelievers" the bible is clear when it comes to tradition. The Bible is more reliable than tradition. Matt. 15:3; Col. 2:8
    Anonymous

• Please do not name call its immature and disrespectful.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you. But I celebrate Christmas because I teach my children that the birth of Jesus was the best gift ever. Giving gifts in my household is symbolic to the best gift given to the world.
    It does not matter what day the birth of Jesus is celebrated on as long as it is recognized.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 3:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I saw this coming. Now lets see how well I can explain this. If you bring up your children to understand all there is about the Christmas / Advent season. Then they will know all about St. Nicholas. His story and how he is important. So when they finally figure out Santa Claus they know there is more there and are not so disappointed. Santa is all about the giving anonymously without any credit given. He is there in the shelters, poor houses and orphanages. He teaches us to give of ourselves. Just As Christ did. He the spirit of hope for those who haven't any hope. A little bit of human magic. So in reality you aren't lying you're spreading that hope.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• To the original poster - from your posting you're a Christian. So, when did you become perfect and begin to walk on water. I told my son the story of St. Nicholas (who was an actual person). I also take it you never read your children any books which are not real either. I am not a perfect person and have to ask God to forgive me and will repent and seek Him even more to not continue and do the same things over and over. But until Jesus comes back for me in the rapture... I will not be perfect and will mess up and occasionally sin.
    Anonymous

• OP: I have a feeling if Jesus were to be among us today in the flesh hanging out with same type of ppl He did in the bible and having the friendships He had... You'd probably judge and preach at Him too.
    Anonymous

• yes.    I can.   You are psycho.    It's a time for kids to believe in magic for a very very very small portion of their lives. Get off your high moral horse and stop questioning others Christianity. The bible has a couple little stories about judging people doesn't it?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008