Air dry on nice days or just use ther Dryer.

I just started hanging my clothes on the line outside minus underwear and socks.
I grew up hating to do that, until i realized it actually saves on our electric bill, so every time i do laundry and have to dry i hang most of my clothes outside.
Any body else hang clothes and bed sheets on the line, or do u just dry it in the dryer.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I want to. I plan on getting a clothes hanger to line dry this summer because our washer and dryer is a stand up that only allows for one to work at a time (hate it!!)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have never done it.. I remember being little and my nana used to do it and clothes were always rock hard and nasty.. I am sure that's because of how she did it and not how it really is though but I still can't bring myself to do it - my son already doesn't like to wear jeans because they aren't "soft" enough
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• how much does it actually save you a month on your bill? Just curious.
    maxsmom11807

• Dryer, not allowed to have a clothesline.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The line, I love the feel of my clothes and I love my utility bill also.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Maxsmom- i am not sure on how much i don't look at the bills my husband does, but i think he said it save like 15 dollars or so.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have Multiple Sclerosis , I dont have a dryer, so I have to hang out. But if I did, I know I would use the dryer for convience, IF I WAS STILL IN NH, Now that i am in FL... I think i would only use the Dryer in the few months it is actual few months it is too cold to hang out clothes. YES IT DOES GET TO COLD HERE IN PANAMA CITY lmao
    mythreegems

Answer by mythreegems at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• we are forbidden from having a clothesline by our hoa, but i wouldn't do it anyway right now bc of all the pollen (it does stain). i always dry quilts, sheets, etc. inside on the upstairs rail. my mom would say it looks like a chineese laundry in here, but they actually dry quicker that way than in the dryer lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If I can( on nice rain free days) I put all but towels and undercloths on the line.

Answer by louise2 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I do in the summer after all the pollen is done. I dont however dry the towels that way, they turn out too hard. I just put all the clothes out on the hangers right away and hang them out, saves us about 60 dollars on the electric bill which end up covering the air conditioner
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011