Leukemia

I havent been feeling well lately at all. Migraines, bones hurt. (hard to describe but some days my legs inside feel on fire or such an ache it drives me nuts) easy bruising. My family doctor tested me for all sorts of things, RA, Lupus, Lyme and they all came back negaitive. But. My white blood count is very high, so they are sending me to an oncoligist for a leukemia screening on Friday. Yep Im freaked out thats for sure. Anyone here suffer from this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• No, i dont know anybody with leukemia. But a few family members of mine suffer from different kinds of cancer. So i kind of know what you are going through. I remember when my mother waited for her test results. She got diagnosed with breast cancer (twice).

But i dont want to tell you the bad things. You need to think positive. Sometimes when you have been sick (flu, ect.) then your white blood counts can get high also. Too high white blood counts doesnt always mean leukemia.

There isnt much i can tell you to make you feel better, because i know that you are afraid and worried. So i can only hope that you have a family that will support you, no matter what the test will say.

I wish you all the luck in the world. And im hoping for a negative test result.

Much love to you.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Thank you for your kind words. IT does make you crazy sitting here waiting for test results. I havent been sick with flu, etc. Time will tell. I hope your Mother is doing better now. My best friend is dealing with breast cancer now. Its heart wrenching to see her. Positive thinking is a good idea.
    Thanks
    Anonymous

• No, you dont need to thank me. I really hope for you and your family that you will be alright and that the test will be a straight negative!

My mother is "cancer free" since her second surgery in 1996. Thank god. :)

If you ever need someone to talk to (non-family/friend) please feel free to message me. You are more than welcome. I would like to hear about the negative test result.

And dont forget, if its positive, then you need to fight. For yourself and for your loved ones. Never give up. Thats the worse thing you could do. Its always worth fighting.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008