Freaking out.... huge blood clot 4 days after delivery adult content

I have called my doctor and he is supposed to call me back but im dying to know if Im ok. I had a naturl delivery 4 days ago. the last couple days my blood discharge has become runny and alot lighter. All of a sudden my back cramped so i went to the bathroom and when i bent down to pull down my pants a huge bigger than a golf ball size clot of dark blood mixed with a clump of off white tissue looking stuff came out of me )= it was really thick and completely freaked me out. What does this mean and how much of a panick should I be in. Im considering the emergency room but dont wont to overreact. thank you guys for your help...

CrystalRaee

Asked by CrystalRaee at 3:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had one the day after or two days and they told me it was normal. but make sure he calls back
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would let the ob know, but i don't think it's a panic situation. they told me to worry about huge clots the size of a baseball......i think golf ball is ok. but it didn't hurt that you called. they will confirm what to look for.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It sounds like a piece of the placenta. Your body needs to eliminate it if the Dr. didn't. Wait for the call back unless the bleeding becomes bad like soaking which is doubtful. But if it does tonight go to the ER. Relax in the meantime. Your not in any immediate danger.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Calm down Mommy - it will be OK. Give your Doctor's office time to call you back. If you are not actively bleeding heavily, there is no cause for alarm. Do you have anyone you can call to come stay with you for a little while? If your doc doesn't call back in 1/2 hour, call again.
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 3:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• call your doctor and talk to him
    angelandducky

Answer by angelandducky at 3:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I know you must be freaking out, I would be too, but I always do :) My doctor told me to call them if the clot is the size of golf ball or bigger. Just try and wait for them to call :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• its probally some of the placenta... but i would make sure your dr calls you back. i had a similar issue after i had my dd.
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would just wait for them to call back...if you continue to pass large clots or start soaking pads in less than an hour then you need to go to the ER... for now lay down and take it easy.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would definitely talk with your OB, but I think it's normal to have that size clot. If I remember corerctly, when I left the hospital after my delivery, they said to call if I had any that were like the size of a tennis ball or something like that (which honestly that thought totally freaked me out!) Take some deep breaths and try to relax until you hear back!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I did the same thing a couple of weeks age and freaked out. The doctors office was closed so I called the hospital and asked for the Mommy and baby side of the maternity ward. They should be able to answer your question. I was told that it was alright as long as it was smaller than a baseball or that I didn't start bleeding like crazy again. Hope all goes well for you and cograts!!
    tisharanes

Answer by tisharanes at 11:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011