how much time to let the SO play games..comapred to family

we both play world of warcraft..have for years..but to me its an occasional hobby and to him..its a lifestyle. he comes home and htis wow ithin 5 min..and plays all night. ill get familiy nights if i ask for them but its usually once a week and i always have to set it up..im always the one pushing. i tried talking to him and he told me "typical girl, attack wow" which is bs cause i play too...but im sick of that fucking stupid ass game getting mroe attention than his family. it is JUST a game..and before you wow players get defensive, ive been playing wow for 3 years..its just a game! fun..but again..just a GAME. im getting close to teling him to quit...cause no matter how much i ask for mor etime..no matter how many times i get upset about feeling neglected and feeling lonely even though im married...he is still freaking married to his characters. how much time would say is healthy for him to play a week? how many days?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like an addiction to the game..or is he just escaping from real life? does he pitch in with the family at all? Does he do what you expect from him in other areas? If he's okay in all the other departments, then you and he should set a limit of how much time he should spend playing and keep to it. Be calm and rational (so he doesn't have the "nagging/hysterical female card" to play) but be firm.

If he's not okay in other areas, then you could be facing a real addiction.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Never heard of the WOW thing but my DH plays video games and ticks me off when he gets on the kids when HE makes a bad play or something! My DH has cut back to a couple hours on the weekends and only after the kids have gone to bed during the week and even that is sporadic. I don't have a problem with that amount of time. But your SO sounds addicted and might need to go cold turkey! Good Luck!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• hide the game until he agrees to spend more time with the family haha. it might be immature.... but so is playing video games for hours
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 3:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Heck... that game is almost the DEVIL, atleast to me anyway. Delete it... sale all your tunes or whatever those things are called.... Take it completely off the computer! Do you realize how much blizzard is makin off of ya.. oh that measely 20 bucks a month right.. well it'll suck the life out of you and your dude.... I hate that game.... hmmmm, my hubby is the same way, then he says it's my fault that he plays so much...
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 6:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• when it comes down to time. i wuoldnt mind if he played at night sometimes after she's asleep and just kept it as a hobby...but he plays every day as long as he possibly can.....all he talks about is that game...his life revolves around it...i preer him playing the 360 cause then at least all of us can be involved. when he is playing wow ill notice sometimes our toddler acting up a lil more and honestly...i think its because she wants more attention from him. she's with me all day , but she doesnt see him during the day...and when he comes home i get a kiss, she gets a kiss..then straight to the game
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008