Whiteness on my toddlers tongue...

how can i clean my toddlers tongue? i used to use a cloth but now my son is teething and sometimes i end up making his teeth bleed due to the forcefull wiping of the tongue...is there any other way?

DayalzMom

Asked by DayalzMom at 3:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't clean it. Take him to the doc. I forgot what this is called but it is an infection. My dd had it. If he has a paci take it away and boil it before giving it back.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You need to take your son to the doctor to be sure it's not thrush (thrush is an yeast infection). If it is thrush they will give him meds. If not they will explain to you what it is and how to care for it. You can then ask your doctor about good oral hygiene practices for his age.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Could be thrush or strep throat. Deff take him to his ped.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• sounds likd of like thrush. The doctor will prob brescribe nystastin. Or you can try Ginsen Violet (not sure on spelling) It is dark purple and will stain and leave the mouth black but it is what worked when my little one had thrush. You jusr brugh it on with a q-tip. The Pharmacy ordered it for me cause they didnt keep it in stock but it is non prescription. Good Luck
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011