• In the Spotlight:

Why do so many ladies on this site feel the need to bash others?

We all do not have to have the same thoughts and beliefs. Why must we bash just because we have different views? Is it insecurity? Is it the I have to be right syndrome? or what maybe just plain cold hatred for others!!! I am just so confused. If the question does not involve you, your thoughts and beliefs why don't you just SKIP it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• To make themselves feel more righteous.. To cover their own insecurity.. To convince others of their idea of what is or is not true.. To feel that they have a small amount of control for a moment.. To feel a tiny, inadequate sense of power.. To make others as unhappy and miserable as they are, hoping it will somehow make them feel better.. Or perhaps it's just because they enjoy being mean and hurting others..

That said; I think my pastor had it right when he told me "don't speak the message BE the message"..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 4:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• People just love to toss around the term 'bash' when it doesn't fit. Disagreeing with someone is NOT bashing.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Define BASH........
    disagreement is not bashing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Disagreeing with someone is not bashing, as others have posted, but disagreeing with the root question, especially in a rude manner, is not helpful.

I especially despair of the "answers" that say "who cares? move on."; before posting that answer, the poster should take their own advice!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 4:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Wow, anon, maybe they just don't want to be talked down to, preached at, or condemned by strangers on the internet who don't even know them....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Good question....I totally agree.
    superwoman1025

Answer by superwoman1025 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• To give you a topic for a question. LOL

Because it's the internet. it happens.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The way people bash each other here has strngthened my Faith. I have never come across such rude people in RL as I do here. I am not saying everyone is so rude. The handful of rudes ones ruin the site for the rest.
    Anonymous

• Disagreement is not bashing. Calling someone a bad parent because you don't agree with them is bashing. Hell... I was told my parenting technique needs work because I was mad that my dd threw beads all over the floor (750 of them) How I handled that situation did not make me a bad parent. If I had beat the crap out of her, locked her in a closet, and starved her....then that would make me a bad parent.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't really see rude comments. We have to remember that many non-Christians were once Christian themselves, and they might have something to offer to the conversation. Just because they don't believe doesn't mean they don't have an opinion, and that they're not free to share it....

If you don't like what someone has to say, you can just skip over it, but they have every right to post wherever they like. The same could be said of the Christians who go and post remarks in questions about Paganism or other topics not pertaining to Christianity, no one likes that they do it, but it's their right to. This is a public forum, and if you post a question, anyone can answer. Don't like it, there are groups that are specifically Christian. Again, I don't often see rude comments, though, so perhaps it's just your perception.... Most of the people here only get negative when in a position of defense....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011