• In the Spotlight:

Gardasil: Anything wrong with it do you know of? Will you get your daughter the vaccination?

There was a question about vaccines and some readers said there are a few vaccines they will not give there children. One reader said they will not give their daughter Gardasil, its bad. I'm just wondering why because one day I may have a daughter and I may want to give her Gardasil. Is there a reason not too? Please tell me any thoughts about any vaccines especcially that one. Thank you.

lovebnmommy310

Asked by lovebnmommy310 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• I won't B/C it's a new drug and how do you know whats going to come of it? As far as how it could affect these girls? And I know that some have died from it..
    Anonymous

• http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68454
    Anonymous

• I got it and I'm fine. The only thing I see wrong with it is that it doesn't protect against all forms of HPV.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I, for one, will absolutely not allow my daughter to be vaccinated. Girls are dying and developing severe reactions from the vaccine and it is does not provide the protection that the company claims it does. The risks are far too great and outweigh the (supposed) benefit by a mile.
    Anonymous

• i see it as pointless, even the commercial says "gardisil does not prevent the HPV therefore it is important to continue getting screenings"

does no one listen to that part?
    Anonymous

• Yea I heard that of all the virus it only protects from 4

Anonymous

• I do not vaccinate at all... But you may want to see this before you decide to vaccinate your daughter for HPV...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/8978/boards/read/6606882/Rat_Poison_Chemical_Found_in_Ingredient_List_For_HPV_Vaccine

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48504/boards/read/5596908/Get_the_facts_about_Gardasil

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My little girl will not receive the vaccine for HPV or meningitis.

http://www.ennislaw.com/gardasil.html

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• This vaccine has had MANY side effects. From birth defects to death to other smaller problems. It's not been tested the way it should have been and it's too new. Even if I did agree with most vaxs this is one I would NEVER agree too. This one ranks on the top of my do not give list.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The number is 0.003% of subjects WHO HAD ADVERSE REACTIONS had serious ones. - The 12,424 overall adverse reactions (which included fainting, and presumably soreness and fever, since those are the major reactions reported) were out of 23 million (23,000,000) doses, or 0.05% reactions to total doses.- The 772 serious side effects (the supposed "6.2%") represent 0.003% of the doses, while the 32 deaths are 0.0001%. In contrast, HPV infections have much higher prevalence rates, and the risk of dying from cervical cancer is several orders of magnitude larger.- HPV infections are very common (as much as 25 to 30% of the population at any time, although most infections clear by themselves and only the two strains most related to cancer are preventable with this vaccine).- In the U.S. and Canada, about 0.3% of the entire female population has what may be pre-cancerous changes to the cervix found EACH YEAR. Also each year, 0.007% of t
    LavenderMom23

Answer by LavenderMom23 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009