What do you think of an ignorant, conceited person that thinks just because you didn't go to college, that your a lowlife?

What would you say to a person that is putting you down like that? I mean I think not all of us like college and that doesn't mean we must be forced to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Tell them that knowledge is not always found in books.........

Answer by older at 4:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Intelligence has nothing to do with secondary education. Someone who is truluy gifted will self-teach. There are plenty of extremely gifted people out there who did not have the opportunity for college . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• f*** you!!!! What more advantages do you have over me? The job market sucks right now, so your little degree isnt doing much for you at the moment. And let him know there are people with Phds being waiters, are they low lifes now too??
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 4:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Tell em you are proud to not be an educated idiot :) Seriously i know so many college educated folks in my neighborhood and they are by far the most idiotic people i have met lmao. One lady thinks a tornado cant touch down where we live because we live on a hill & tornados dont touch down on hills, She has other doozies to i just shake my head and laugh.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't come in contact with that type of person more than one time so I wouldn't need to say anything.. I agree with Imaginationmama also
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Just be like well, sorry you think that way. You sure are missing out on a lot of us interesting low-lifes then just mention I guess its a good thing George Washington isn't around because what a lowlife he was...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 4:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would ask them how they liked spending $(However much they probably spent on college) for a piece of paper. Then inform them that currently there are better paying jobs for those who didn't waste four years boozing it up in colleges and instead invested that time in the work place.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• "Quit trying to put others down because you feel so crappy about yourself. Why do you care what I do with my life.....worry about yourself and your ugly attitude"
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That they are a snob. I had a friend who was extremely book smart, but in the common sense department she was a moron. A classic example of her antics is that she once wore a long tee shirt that had an elastic waist band (the kind meant to go over a bathing suit )as a regular dress. She used the bathroom in my house and came out with the back of it tucked into her underwear. She was always doing things like this.
    A lot of time though, people come off like that because in spite of everything they feel insecure and don't really know how to express it or fix it.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Here's just one quick article I found. How recent grads are doing.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011