My stress level is at it's max right now and i dont know what to do!

ive recently given up smoking (again) im on day 3. smoking is my escape for when im stressed. right now, at this very moment, im on my laptop on the recliner with max & ruby on the tv. my girls (4, 2, and 1) are driving me up the wall right now. well mostly my youngest, my 15 month old, she does not listen to me. she listens to everyone else BUT me. right now she's up to her usual, touching things that i tell her literally dozens of times per day NOT to touch, pulling her sisters' hair, throwing things, getting into things. i realize she's being a child but when i tried to put her in the playpen so i could just think for one second she wailed the whole time. so i felt bad and let her out, but she's right back to misbehaving. not to mention, my husband is unemployed for about 3 weeks now and driving me crazy being home all day. he's not much help when he's here, infact he's more work. it's like having a 4th child around. needless to say our finances aren't doing so good right now either. i don't want to smoke, but i want to do something to help this stress thats pouring out of my ears right now. ive cleaned, sat outside, came on here, im out of ideas. its not naptime either so that idea is out. im trying to deal with stress as a non-smoker but i dont know how!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• I'm probably going to get voted down for this, but maybe it's not the right time for you to quit with the stress you're going through. Maybe when you get to a better place in life in the near future then try to quit? I don't know, sorry, not too helpful. Maybe get some patches, gum, lozenges, or pills.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I go outside and sit. That's usually when I want a cigarette too but I've learned to just breathe. I sit there for as long as I need to feel a bit calmer.
    Anonymous

• Okay first of all you need to leave your youngest in her 'timeout' zone. She needs to learn she's doing wrong, and don't get her out just because you feel bad for her. Tell your husband to go out and find a job or you can give him one, and start making a list. If he doesn't help then make him. Lock yourself in you bathroom with some music and a book and take you a bubble bath (of course make sure kids are feed, changed, etc before) and let him handle it from there. Mommy's need timeouts sometimes too!!! Good-luck! and hope husband starts taking inititive also (if he doesn't already) make sure he does his laundry by simply not doing it for him. I did this to my boyfriend, and he got the message quickly! Now I do wash and dry his clothes, but he puts them up and helps with other stuff around the house including the kids.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 4:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• *hugs* I wanted to smoke reading this.. Good Luck Mama..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Chew gum, keep your hands busy doing something and oh yeh, "GOOD FOR YOU!" I wish I had your willpower!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I suppose drinking it out then..lol!~
    really, you just have to LEARN it and it takes time to deal without NEEDING that cigarette. I am an 18 month ex smoker who smoked for 16 years - I quit cold turkey and its just HARD..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I actually started exercising. Not all always push ups or anything but i'd blast the music and dance with the kids. My 15 month does the same thing and i just move things out of reach or play with him to distract him. Your hubby contributed to half their DNA so he can do half the work too.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• im quitting for my health, and so i can be as healthy as i can to live as long as possible for my kids. so whenever i get a craving i just think of that, and it makes it easier to get through the cravings. so my problem isn't really that... it's learning how to handle high stress in a healthy way. i simply don't know how. ive been a smoker for 8 years.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• not sure but gooood luck momma, hugs!
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 1:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011