Anyone use a doula in a hospital? Doula in general?

How was your experience?

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Only once... for sure not for me
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I used a doula with both of my births and couldn't have had the same birth experience without them! I am now training to become a labor doula myself :)
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If I could have afforded one, I would have LOVED one.

The more, the merrier.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I haven't given birth yet, but I hired a doula. We are having our second prenatal meeting this Friday. I found her online and once we "interviewed" her we just clicked! She's like one of our friends. Last time she was only supposed to be over until 11 and she wound up staying and chatting with us until 1:30am! She wanted to see the nursery and we talked about new baby products and how things have changed in just the 3 years since she had her son. And my fiance feels so comfortable around her too. It's great! I'm really looking forward to be there when we go into labor.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I wish I'd had a doula for my first. I plan to next time. I think I would've had a more positive experience with a doula. I had a hospital birth, and it was one intervention after another, which was against everything I wanted. Doulas aren't for everyone, but if you find the right one for you, it can make a big difference. I've attended several births with doulas, and they all seem to be such great experiences.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011