Is it normal to get two periods in a month!?

I just finished my period in the begging of April and now i got again. Is this normal?

ms.grumppy

Asked by ms.grumppy at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• yes, it usually indicates stress. i had two last month.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would have to say no, it is not normal. It can happen and it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong other than stress or your body adjusting your cycle, but it wouldn't hurt to check with your doctor.
    Beatlenutmommy

Answer by Beatlenutmommy at 4:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes its normal as long as its not every month.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• it can happen, but it can also mean something is wrong. I would just call and ask a dr or nurse about it and see what they say. I went through about a year of getting my cycle 2 times a month, but I had endometriosis. I wouldn't worry to much unless your having other problems...just call and ask their opinion...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 4:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• THANK you for asking this question because I was going to ask the same!! I also had my 7 day period the 1st week of this month & just came on again yesterday!!! This happened to me also in October, November & December so in January I went to my Doctor (as they were irregular too, on for 11 days, off for 18 days, on for 2 weeks & so on) & he said that sometimes our periods can just become irregular with age, hormone levels, stress & a number of other factors, so he gave me a pill to take once a day for 10 days. This made me bleed for 2 weeks (which he said is normal) & then I was having my period as normal - off for 28 days, on for 7. But this month it seems to have become irregular again. So hoping someone on here can help us both & help us out, if not I would suggest going to see your doctor, as for me I'm going to see how next month (May) plays out. Good luck & thanks for asking this:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Your menstrual cycle is more closely related to the moon phases than anything else. Just like you can have two full moons in one calendar month, you can also have two menstrual cycles in one calendar month. MOST, not all, but most cycles are a 28 day cycle; that's counting start of one to start of the next.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It has happened to me. It happenst to my sister a lot. My gyno said it happens at times but didn't really have any real reason as to why.
    Anonymous

• I had 2 periods in March. Once at the beginning of the month and again at the end. It happens to me once a year. If you are concerned call your dr.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• as long as its nott every month i wouldnt worry about it personally as long is nothin else is goin on but if your worried id see your gyno
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 1:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Some women are just irregular. You didn't say how old you are. Peri menopause can start as early as late twenties, even if docs say no. I know from experience.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011