South Jersey Moms!!! Opinions on Kennedy Health, Wash Twp.

Hi moms and moms-to-be! I'm 4w5d, 1st time pregnant, and my birth plan is to have a midwife, but give birth in a hospital. The best options seem to be for me in South Jersey, a practice of widwives (practice is called the University Doctors) in Sewell, NJ who all deliver out of Kennedy Health in Washington Township. Any reviews or feedback from moms who have used these midwives or birthed at Kennedy? Thanks!

taisleychick

Asked by taisleychick at 4:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I personally do not like Kennedy Health System I prefer Virtua.

christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks christinato... what factors led you to prefer Virtua? One reason I wasn't as keen on Virtua is: 1. I haven't found any midwives who practice there. and 2. Virtua's c-section rate is about 10% higher than Kennedy's and I feel strongly that I do not want to have a c-section unless absolutely necessary. That stat is from 2008 but it's interesting to check out the rates of the different hospitals - http://romancathanachronism.typepad.com/ican_somerset/2009/02/-nj-hopitals-2008-cesarean-rate-.html
    taisleychick

Comment by taisleychick (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• bump
    taisleychick

Comment by taisleychick (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Bump
    taisleychick

Comment by taisleychick (original poster) at 5:04 PM on May. 2, 2011