do you agree with the chicken pox vax?

I think it's stupid. It's better to get them young than get them old.
what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• All my kids have had the vax. WIth so many people vaxing against it, it would be to hard to guarantee that they got it while they were young enough to handle it. It also protects against shingles when they get older.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's needed. The only reason it was developed was because some idiot out there determined that businesses lost too much money when moms had to take time off to be with their sick children so big pharma stepped in and developed this vaccine aimed at preventing chicken pox so moms wouldn't have to stay home and companies wouldn't have to pay them. And people think our government and big business have our best interests at hand """ HA!
    Anonymous

• No, I don't. Chicken pox is very rarely serious in children, and by contracting the illness naturally you are better able to build up antibodies against it. The vaccine isn't quite as effective as a natural case.

I had intended to wait until my children were 12 or so if they hadn't had chicken pox, and then had the vaccine given because shingles IS serious. But without my knowledge or consent, our family pediatrician gave my oldest the vaccine along with the other vaccines I had scheduled the appointment for. I didn't realize this at the time til I went down to get a form stating I had refused the Varicella vaccine for school purposes and the nurse argued with me over the irresponsibility of it til she pulled his chart.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i think its stupid.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't vax at all!

The Chicken pox Vax is one of the dumbest ones. It actually puts your children in MORE danger! The vaccine needs to be readministered every 7 years and since most teens and adults do not keep up with their vaccines they are more likely to contract Chickenpox as a adult if they get the vaccine as a child. As an adult Chickenpox can cause sterilization and even death, as a child it will cause headache, high fever and itchy red bumps... What would you prefer for your kids?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If you don't agree with vaccines fine- but be educated about it. Yes Chickenpox is rarely really serious, but it can cause seriuos heart damage in children- which - yes- can lead to death. So don't think there is no risk in a case of chicken pox. At least know the risks both ways before making a decision.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with the chicken pox vaccine. Everyone I know has had the chicken pox and never died from it. It's ridiculous!
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 6:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't vax so no, I don't agree. That one I think is really silly.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I dont vax at all and I had the CP. So I definitely feel it is unneeded.It is just one more way that the pharmaceutical companies can make money. There is also reported deaths from the CP vax.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The person who said if you don't vax educate yourself.. thats funny.. because most that don't vax are the educated ones. I at once like most moms didn't think anything about vaxing.. until I seen a post and started doing research... the risks of the vaccine by far out weigh any risk of getting CP. Most of us got it as children and we survived right? Have the vaxing parents ever read the list of ingredients in vaccines??? If so I can not understand how someone with any kind of education could still let the doc shoot these vax in your children. People are so afriad of going against the majority...and thinking for themselves...it saddens me.. just how people can know all of toxins in foods and say o well im still giving it to my kid...stupidity is what it is. What makes you think the majority of the government gives a f#$% about us???
    Anonymous