My daughter is 6 weeks old...is there anything i should be doing to stimulate her or anything?

i sing to her sometimes...i talk to her all the time....even if she is sleeping i talk to her im so used to it....lol..she tried tummy time today ....but what else can i be doing with my baby she inst interested in most toys loves sound though i play her white noise she loves it.

gonnabamomma

Asked by gonnabamomma at 3:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you're doing a lot of good stuff! Lots of touching and skin to skin contact is good, of course. Singing, swaying, laying her on her back and showing her toys. She's just taking it all in! :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sounds like you're doing great! Bonding with you is the most important thing right now, babies don't need much else at that age!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Aww thats so cute. Congratulations on the new baby girl :D

I agree with the others, youre doing great and your daughter probably loves it. There isnt much more you can do with her at this age. I always talked to my daughter. And i mean always, lol. No matter what i did, i always told her what im doing and why and whatnot. haha. Singing to the baby is always a wonderful thing, they love it.

My daughter wasnt interested in toys either. She still doesnt really care much about toys. haha.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The first months of a babies life is the time to really build trust, security, and a bonding relationship with the caregiver. There will be so much time for learning and growing mentally within the coming months. So hold and cuddle your baby--and just enjoy. Sounds like you are doing everything right!
    Anonymous

• i think that everything you have been doing is great!
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 10:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008