Wtf?

So I'm 28 years old and I met my husband 5 years ago and we have been married for almost 2 years. Did I mention he's 48? Everytime we go anywhere or to a party people look at me like I'm a gold digger or that I'm just after something just because I'm with an older man. I am a college graduate and I own my own bakery and yet people don't take me seriously.

If you saw a younger woman with an older man, say at the grocery store, what would yout think? Honestly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry, Id think Gold digger. Thats because most of the time they are. Not saying you are mind you, but what could you possibly have in common with someone old enough to be your father??
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not my place to judge since my husband is older than me by 4 years.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It wouldn't make me think one way or the other. You are with him because you love him, you know that, don't let what others think get to you.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would think that it was none of my business.. If I were a woman married to an older man, I wouldn't allow myself to be bothered by what others think.. If you love the man and he loves you who cares what anyone else thinks about it anyway?
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 4:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My hubby is 67 and I am 64. Whenever we see an older man with a younger woman, we joke and say "Trophy wife." I don't even really know what that means but we've been married more than 46 years, and we just have this joke between us. If that kind of marriage works for you, then I think it's great. My dad was 7 years older than my mom, and back then, it wasn't thought about negatively.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That she was his daughter, probably. But, I guess it depends on how old she looks, and how old he looks. Some older men carry themselves differently, and appear to be younger. I may just think that he married a younger woman, and move on.

I also wouldn't be giving any discounts to those who treat you like a gold digger, then change and act all nice when they find out you own a business, if I were you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would think they are a couple or married couple, period. It is hard to find happiness in this world and I am not going to judge someone who found it because of their age!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 5:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If it was something ridiculous like he is clearly senior citizen age and she looks like she hasn't gotten through college yet, that would send off some pretty negative comments in my head. But if the couple look happy and have that something- who is anyone else to judge? :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• What can you say except, "first impressions usually set the stage!" I'm naive though, I would probably think they were father and daughter, unless they "locked lips" or something, then I'd have to wonder why she would be with someone that looks old enough to be her father? I think it's just because you don't see it that offen but hey, if your happy, more power to ya!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I dont judge people at the first glance normally. If i talked to you and you sounded liek a gold digger than i would think that, but if you sounded like you sincerley love him then i wouldn't think you were a gold digger. Counting some girls just like older guys ;). I find older guys more attractive and more sincere.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011