Schedule? Bedtime?

My son has a semi set schedule. He wakes up about 7 eats "breakfast" stays up for a bit then takes like a hour long nap then wakes up plays and then eats again. he takes little cat naps here and there. But for the most part is up all day. He takes about a 3 hour nap around 3 and wakes up at 6 drinks a bottle then at about 9 he eats "dinner" which is rice cereal and a 6 ounce bottle. Then its time for a bath and a bedtime story and hes down by 10 and down for the night. My mother in law says thats too late of a bedtime, but it works for him and us. Is that too late of a bed time?

DessaG20

Asked by DessaG20 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at all! Bedtime should be what works for you! My son's is usually around 1 or 2, because my husband works second shift and doesn't get home until then. Bobby sleeps until 10 or 11, so my husband can get a good amount of sleep before taking care of the baby and going back to work, it's perfect!

Now when he's school-age, that's a different story... ;)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No every baby is different seems like your baby takes great naps during the day so your baby isnt tierd until then. Seems like our mom or mother in laws always have advice but it doesnt mean it is right for you.
    sophiasmommy02

Answer by sophiasmommy02 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'd say if it's working for your family and he's happy, then what does it matter? He's still little enough that as long as he's getting enough sleep, it shouldn't matter what hours he's getting it...
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 6:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008