• In the Spotlight:

what would be the legal age for texas???

ok so i was wondering is it legal for a 16 year old to get married in texas with parents permission?? she is gettin married with a 20 year old..is that legal im just tryin to prove my friend wrong....she is lettin her daughter get married but i dont think thats possible is it??

I KNO SHE WILL NEED HER PARENTS PERMISSION BUT WILL SHE NEED COURT PERMISSION???

1Adriana3

Asked by 1Adriana3 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it's 16 with parents permission only, and that would be anywhere. No one can legally get married without permission until they are 18 or an emancipated minor.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's 16 with parents consent only.
    Jmcelroy

Answer by Jmcelroy at 3:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yup, as a matter of fact my baby sister just got married a couple of months ago. As long as the parent or legal guardian consents to it, it's perfectly legal....
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 6:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008