VENTING...that is all

Today I've had the worst day...got gestationial diabetes,plus my iron is low... So I go to get my meds only to find out that my insurance doesn't pay for them!!!It was really embarrasing b/c usually I have a zero dollar copay.But not today=)Then everyone wants to tell me their problems but ALL I really want and need is a shoulder to lean on!!!I'm thankful that GOD woke me up this morning just nervous about my BB and wondering if he's gonna be fine...IT really takes a toll on ya

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 5:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• it does take a toll. Take a deep breath and try to relax. I had low iron problems when I was pregnant and my kids were fine. I know the gestational diabetes is a little different although I have a few friends that had it and their children were fine as well.  Try not to stress to much and try to take at least 10 minutes a day for yourself, even if it in the bathroom.

Hugs being sent your way, Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm sorry you are having a crappy day. It's hard to hear I had Ges. Diab. with both of mine & it will be ok. I controlled it with diet only & make sure you get some walks in if ya can &watch your sugar in take. You will be fine & so will the baby try not to stress & relax your brain & body. Keep strong & congratulations.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Are you on any kind of assistance that can help with your meds? If so, call your case worker. If no, call your doctor - he may have some samples or be able to put you in touch with resources. You need to get on the meds your doctor has prescribed to ensure the health of your baby. Take a deep breath, say a prayer and get on that phone!
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 5:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• watch your fruit intake as its high in sugar, drag you are on bed rest.....take it easy
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would say call the Doctor make sure you are getting generics or see if there is a safe less expensive alternative...also check to see if they can code things so it will be covered.
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 6:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Hugs. Pregnancy is hard and emotionally crazy enough.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'd really love to walk but I've been on bedrest since wk16(im30 this wk).I really dont do sweets at all...I'm a fruit and vegges type of person with select meat choices=)I know that God is watching over us it just really makes me nervous thats all.Thanks for the kind words!!!!
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• aww thanks=)
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I SPOKE WITH THE DOCTOR...LONG STORY SHORT SHE SAID I CAN BUY OVER COUNTER BUT SHE DID NOT RECOMMEND ANYTHING...SMH ANY SUGGESTIONS???
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011