I'm in love with a married man.

I know it sounds horrible and I feel horrible. We have the same interests and we joke around a lot and at first it felt like buddy relationship but one night we were working late on a project (oh yeah we work together) and we were laughing about something and I leaned over the table to grab a pen and he rose up as well and we just sort of looked at each other like I want to kiss you but we shouldn't. We were leaned in for what felt like forever and his cell phone went off and we both jumped. I told him it was getting late and I grabbed my purse and notepad and shot out of there like a bat out of hell.

The next day I thought things were going to be so awkward but it was relatively normal. We exchanged hello nods in the hallway and that was it. It was almost 5 o'clock when he walked into my office and shut the door behind him. I had this flip flop thing going on in my stomach and I know I looked so surprised and I didn't know what to do or say. He said I know we had a moment last night. I said what do you mean? He said come on you know you feel what I do. I said I don't know what ur talking about. He said that he doesn't know what to do with these feelings. He said he's had a crush on me for a long time and he asked me if I feel the same. I told him I have to think about it, I don't know what I feel. I left him in my office and once again like a bat out of hell I was out of there.

I can't help but feel so guilty. His poor wife, I don't know her. I can't help what I feel. I justr started feeling this way about him. Did I lead him on over the years? I have no idea. I can't help but replay moments in my head. I honestly don't know what to do about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Running out like a bat out of hell was the exact right thing to do...we can't help who we feel attracted to, but we can definitely help What we do with those feelings..whether or not to act on them.

You already know that no good can come of a guilty relationship...if he's the kind of guy that would that would cheat on his wife, then he's the kind of guy that would cheat on you.

Best thing to do would be to buy him two tickets for him and his wife to have a date. good karma will come around to find you a wonderful guy that you can have all to yourself, no wife, no drama, no guilt.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 5:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You should end the friendship, steer clear of him. You can't help how you feel but you CAN help what you DO!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I hope this is a troll. If not, you do NOTHING but leave him the hell alone. You really don't know that? This is not love, he is married to someone else. You can't possibly want to be the girlfriend he mooches off of after his wife mops the floor with his cheating ass right? That story is on here every day. The girlfriend/second wife is always pissed because he is court ordered to help support his children and she whines about being "punished" that they can't do whatever the hell they want. Not only that, but have some damn pride. If this loser would actually screw around on his wife with you, what makes you think he wouldn't do it to you down the road? And think about this, it's totally possible someone he works with has picked up on the b.s. you two are involved in. The wife might find out after all.
    Anonymous

• frustrated

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Steer clear of him. What if you were his wife, how would YOU feel if he made a move or a woman made a move on him? Cheating is cheating.
    Also, are you married? That would be TWICE as bad.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You don't know what to do???? How about growing up and ending it immediately???
    Anonymous

• No good can come from this. Aside from the fact that he's married (are you? you didn't mention), haven't you ever heard the saying "don't shit where you eat"?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You should do what u can to avoid him.
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 5:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It may be an infatuation thing, ya work together, you click, BUT you are both married. Stop whatever it is now before you sleep together & feel even worse after & messing around with people at work is BAD news. I have seen the damage that comes out of it trust me on this one & it is not worth it. Don't do it. GL. ; )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• your playing with fire hun
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 5:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011