How long does an injection for migraines last?

I have been having severe migraines everyday for 11 days. It is due to pregnancy. The doctor told me to go to the ER to get an injection. Has anyone gotten an injection before for migraines? How long does it last? Am I going to have to go back daily for one, since this is an every day occurance? What is the medication? Am I going to be loopy and able to care for my kids afterwards? I am a SAHM of a 1 &3 year old, with no family or friends in the area. My hubby works 8-8 (the time I get them every day). He already missed 4 hours of work today so I could nap waiting to hear back from the doctor. I'm debating whether to go in tomorrow when it starts back up again and have him miss more work, or be a veggie for another week until I go to the docs.

elenalee

Asked by elenalee at 5:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• Magnesium can work wonders for migraines BUT I'm not sure if it's completely safe while pregnant.
    Anonymous