I am 39 weeks 2 cm as of monday any idea beside sex and walking on how to help laber come!!!! this is my 4th baby but i have never been in so much discoffert!!!!?????

mommyof3040510

Asked by mommyof3040510 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me, I ate spicy food and went into labor that night with two of my kids. Worth a shot. Some old timers will tell you to drink castor oil. But i was never brave enough to cause i have always understood that that make you poop. But some swear it will make you go into labor. Good luck.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i tryed that with my son annd got so sick and all it did was make me poop!!!! lol

mommyof3040510

Comment by mommyof3040510 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Caster oil is not a good thing. It can make the baby pass meconium in utero which isn't what you want. Try doing some side lunges and some exercises on all fours. It helps the baby get positioned which can move things along.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i did squats! only like 5 at a time maybe every half hour to an hour! i had my baby that night!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 5:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• try walking up steps and getting a bouncy ball and bouncing lol
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 5:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Stimulating your nipples (yourself or DH) causes your body to release oxytocin which is the hormone that causes contractions. I think the recommended time is about 10 min every hour for several hours.
    jennalynne904

Answer by jennalynne904 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If baby isn't ready, nothing you can do is going to work. And it's comfort, not coffert.
    Anonymous

• I have tried stairs, walking ALOT, and sex for several days so far nothing but making me sore and more miserable lol GL :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 10:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011