It's been 3 days since I got my cartilage pierced, it's very sore and red...when she the soreness and redness go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I didn't really have redness but I did have soreness ... mostly when trying to sleep on that side. Lasted a month or so.
    Anonymous

• you will definitely have soreness for a while, but if you keep it clean and properly maintain it the redness should go away really soon.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 5:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Mine hurt for years. I finally just took them out. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My redness and soreness lasted for months. just make sure you you clean it! Gl!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• it wont last as long as it could if you dont sleep on it
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• More than one month, easily several months. Listen to June Mama -- cartilage much more prone to infection.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 7:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• it took my dads 2 years to stop hurting....and it still hurts him....mine only hurts when i get my earring caught in something, it only took mine 2 weeks to heal and stop hurting completely even though i did keep cleaning it, then i stretched it 3 months after it healed (which made it hurt again) now i just pull it out when im in the shower and clean it like that
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 7:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My lasted until I could no longer take it and took it out..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ugh, getting mine done was the worse decision I ever made.....and it got infected after only 6 months, so I took it out....My 12-yr. old did better with hers, lol, and she recently just took hers out (after a year), b/c it finally got infected as well.....Good luck!!! I wish it went better for us!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Mine never did stop hurting. I got mine done and wound up taking it out within the week because I couldn't lay on my ear at all! That was totally painful!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011