Do you trust everything doctors say or

do you do some research for yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• i do research on EVERYTHING.. some doctors have different morals than others and some believe certain way of taking care of something is best. i personally dont take medication or antibiotics or anything. i will get a drs point of view and find out what is wrong with me if i need to though...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I read up on what the doctor is saying. Because I've encountered a lot of doctors that come in talk really fast and quickly just write you a RX and send you on your way without addressing any concerns. And then they go out into the hallway and resume a friendly meeting with the pharmecudical sales person.-they give perks to the doctors.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not; they've been wrong so many times.
    Anonymous

• I trust my dr, but I still do my own research. Doctors don't know everything; there are constantly new treatments, discoveries, meds, etc. being made. You might find something that your dr hasn't heard of yet or that they don't use as the first resort that you would prefer to try first. So, I trust my dr. so far as to take their opinion of what the problem is, and unless the treatment is really out there, on treatment as well. But, then I go home and start researching to see what I find. Or, if I'm pretty sure of what's wrong, I research before I go in so that I already have some knowledge and ideas to discuss with them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I Do my own research!!! I never trust the doctor at face value unless it's a common cold and even then I rarely give the meds the prescribe until I talk things over with the pharasist and look things up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• NO, I think most of them are crazy! I went to so so many doctors because of severe stomach pain for almost 5 years and they all told me it was in my head and nothing was wrong. Boy, were they wrong! I finally found the right doctor and she found a huge tumor on my ovaries and uterus. I don't trust them with anything.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I listen to the dr and take into consideration what they are saying, but also do my own research. I think it's up to us to take responsibility of our own health and use our intuition, not just trust the what the Dr says.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if you are uncomfortable with what they say or just want more info you should do research. doctors can be wrong and many treat the symptoms of stuff with medication instead of finding the problem. also patients that do research and learn about their problem on their own will be healthier. i'm a medical librarian and i provide health info all the time, so if you need particular information or want to know some good websites then you can pm me.
    momofasweetie

Answer by momofasweetie at 7:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I trust the Dr. I see regularly he is the only one actually trying to help with my headachs. The ones I've seen for this pregnancy get me sooo mad. Every time I go in they something else is wrong and try to make me do all kinds of tests. They drive me crazy. The onl place I can go, you pretty much seee who is there so I don't have a reg. DR. for that. Theres been a couple that I've told already I refuse to see them again I don't trut them at all.
    I do some research my self but when i read stuff on the internet it usally makes me wory more. My sister is a Dr. so I tell her everything and she tells me what she knows and what some of her friends who are Dr. sknow.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i research first then i ask my doc to confirm it.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008