Please give me your TACO SALAD recipes :D

I havent eatin taco salad in forever but for some reason i REALLY want it LOL. Could you please give me your recipe :D

Thank You Mommies

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I make the ground beef in a skillet with onions, bell peppers, and taco seasoning and put it in the fridge when it's done.
    Then I chop up the lettuce, crush the chips (I usually use the Lime Tortilla Chips.. way better than doritos IMO), slice green olives, chop tomatoes, shred cheddar cheese, and throw it all together in a big bowl and toss it.
    Then I add the ground beef after it's cooled to the big bowl...
    I always have salsa, sour cream, and taco sauce on the side for everyone to add to their own bowl. =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 5:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Or Catalina salad dressing if you like that on top. I used to, but I like taco sauce way better now.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 5:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank You!!! I couldnt find a simple one online!!!
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You're welcome. =)

The only reason I let the meat cool before adding it is because the lettuce stays crispy longer and it makes it less greasy I think. But you can add it while it's hot if you like the cheese to be melted and such. I just really like my lettuce crispy. lol
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 6:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• alrighty here is mine i brown the ground beef( i like to use ground turkey as well) season with season blend( the frozen mixture with the onions, bell peppers and etc), taco season, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder...drain the meat....i use mission totilla chips, shredded cheese i like the taco blend or colby/american blend , tomatoes, sour cream, can of chilli beans, homemade salsa( i can give that receipe too if you need it), black olives, slices of avocadoes,and hot peppers for the ones that need that extra spice. i just start with the chips and layer from their...i also have a good cassorole with alot of the same indg. if you want that too
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 6:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011